Find this good restaurant, and comfortable bar, set in a period town house near the gates of the city's cathedral. It offers serious dining.
A snapshot of a winter menu listed 'Confit Pork Belly with King Scallop, Cauliflower & Curry Oil'; 'Butternut Squash, Sage & Apple Cannelloni with a Parmesan Emulsion & Toasted Pine Kernels' and 'Fish Soup with Rouille' amongst the starters.
'Buttered Squash & Binham Blue Tart with Buttered New Potatoes & Dressed Leaves'; 'Wellington of Norfolk Beef with Roast Roots, Fondant Potato & Red Wine Wine Sauce'; 'Braised Rabbit with Cider Cream & Rosemary, Kale and Polenta' and 'Pan-Fried Sea Bass Fillet with Warm Potato & Crayfish Tail Salad and Lemon & Balsamic Vinaigrette' listed among the mains.
'Peanut Butter & Chocolate Tart with Salted Caramel and White Chocolate Sorbet'; 'Warm Treacle Tart with Crème Anglaise' and 'Crème Catalan with Morello Cherries' or their selection of Norfolk Cheeses - might be there to tempt you at the end.
Service is friendly and professional.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.00; set L £12.50 (2 courses), £17.50 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £21
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-21.00; set D £12 (2 courses), £16 (3 courses); mains about £15 to £21
- Seats: 70
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, and has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possibe
- Nearest station: Norwich Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun, 25th & 26th Dec.
- Air conditioned