A popular bistro-style restaurant, run by the Creasy family, who also have Tatlers in Norwich under their wing.
Their day starts with excellent breakfasts, then moves on to the the full menu which also includes Filled Ciabatta's at lunchtime) and while the menu using local, seasonal food, is based on bistro/trattoria traditions.
A winter snapshot listed 'Duck Rillettes with Hot Toast'; 'Hot & Spicy Garlic Prawns in Tomato Sauce' and 'Steamed Morston Mussels with White Wine, Garlic & Cream' among the starters.
While 'Braided Wild Boar Ragu with Tagliatelle Topped with Parmesan & Olive Oil'; 'Prosecco & Orkney Scallop Risotto'; 'Slow-Cooked Pork Belly with Wilted Winter Greens & Creamed Butter Beans' and 'Grilled Red Mullet Fillet with Lemon-Roasted Baby Potatoes & Braised Fennel with Salsa Verde' set the style for mains.
Finish with the likes of 'Tiramisu'; 'Valrhona Chocolate Pot with Fresh Berries' or 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream'.
Although the menu changes regularly, 'Specials' are listed on a blackboard.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 8.30-21.00; Breakfast 8.30-11.00, Lunch 12.00-15.00; mains £11 to £14 (plus cheaper Ciabatta options)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-21.00; mains £11 to £14
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, and has modest mark-ups.
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Sheringham or West Runton Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Sun, 25th & 26th Dec.
- Outside eating