Find this buzzy bistro-style restaurant hidden away off the High Street. The dining room is on two floors, an airy conservatory with al fresco dining on the ground floor, and more of a loft-like-feel above.
The kitchen offers dependable dishes, their set lunches being particularly good value. The menu changes a little seasonally, but a winter snapshot brought 'Home-Cured Gravadlax with Saffron & Dill Dressing'; 'Roast Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto'; 'Chicken Liver & Garlic Paté with Toasted Brioche & Komemade Chutney' and 'Moules Mariniere' among the starters.
'Pan-Fried Calves Liver with Crispy Polenta, Artichokes & Braised Red Cabbage'; 'Fillet of Natural Smoked Haddock with Wild Mushroom Risotto & Poached Egg'; 'Confit Gressingham Duck Leg with Sautéed Courgettes & Yellow Peppers, flavoured with Marjoram' and 'Penne Pasta with Roast Chestnuts, Wilted Spinach & Parmesan' listed among the mains.
If you have a sweet tooth, you might be tempted by 'Apple & Blackberry Crumble with Vanilla Cream'; 'Glazed Lemon Tart with Raspberry Sorbet' or 'Hot Chocolate Fondant with Mandarin Ice Cream'.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 11.30-14.30; set L £14.50 (2 courses), £17.50 (3 courses); mains about £12 to £25
- Dinner: Tues-Thurs 18.30-21.30, Fri & Sat 18.00-22.00; set Pre Theatre D £14.50 (2 courses), £17.50 (3 courses); mains about £12 to £25
- Seats: 70, plus about 20 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at around the £15 mark, and offers a good selection by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but dining room is also on first floor - so be careful when booking a table
- Nearest station: Stamford Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun & Mon.
- Outside eating