A bustling bar - close to Asda - with a modern 'trendy' interior, offering well-prepared French-style dishes, but by prepared for tightly-packed tables - so perhaps not a place for that quiet business meeting or romantic meal. However, if you enter into the spirit of the place, a good time seems to be had by all.
You can just indulge in a drink Starter or Light dish such as their own Paté - coming with Pear Chutney & Toast; Crispy Tiger Prawns with Sweet Chili & Basil Dipping Sauce or Wild Mushroom & Tarragon Risotto or eat a full three course meal in their dedicated dining area.
All the dishes vary with the seasons, but main courses such as 'Slow-Roast Lamb Shoulder with Butter Beans in Rosemary Cream, Roasted Carrots Rosemary Jelly'; 'Rib Eye Steak with Chips & Pepper Sauce' and 'Fillet of Naturally-Smoked Haddock with Pea & Mint Risotto' set the style - whilst specials are listed on a blackboard.
If you still have a sweet tooth, 'Spiced Pear Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Hot Chocolate Fondant with Pistachio Ice Cream' or 'Crème Brulée' might tempt you'.
The weekend often brings Jazz and Soul Nights - so if this is your kind of thing, check out their website.
The establishment is under the same ownership as the popular Jim's Yard in Stamford (q.v.).
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30, Sun 12.00-17.00 (last Sun in month food until 21.00); mains about £11 to £25
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-21.30Tues-Thurs 18.00-21.30, Fri & Sat 18.00-22.00; mains about £11 to £25
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest marks ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Peterborough Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page