Find this good Indian restaurant with smart pink banquette seating, flickering candles and dark wood trimmings, close to Balham station.
You'll find all the traditional North Indian 'standards', such as biriani's, bhuna's and korma's - plus plenty from the tandoor. But they also offer Nepalese specialities such as 'Nepalese Sam Lamb' - (noodles delicately-spiced & cooked with vegetables an a traditional sauce); 'Nepalese Chicken' - (cooked with cream & cashew nuts & served with sliced mangoes) and 'Phewi Fish' - (deep-fried salmon fillets, cooked with coconut milk) - and these get the thumbs up from those in the know in the authenticity stakes .
The restaurant attracts a discerning younger generation, partly because of their popular cocktails; but we have received reports of excellent curries - "care had been taken with every dish" - and friendly service.
A few desserts are of the Indian ices variety.
Rosewater bowls, provided for your hands, are a nice touch at the end of your meal.
- Food Style: Indian
- Dinner: all week 18.00-23.00; mains around £10 to £14 (including rice)
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups, and is backed up by popular cocktails and beers - included St. Peter's Golden Ale
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Balham Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L all week