Find this popular local offering 'real' food from local producers, close to the beach.
A short, daily-changing menu, lists dishes that can be taken as starters or stand alone mains and the ordering at the bar is the order of the day.
These might include the likes of 'Craster Kippers with Brown Bread & Butter'; Local Handpicked Crab' (either as a sandwich or main meal); 'Ploughman's with Local Unpasteurised Cheddar' - plus various Filled Ciabatta's at lunchtime.
More substantial dishes, such as 'Fresh Tagliatelle with Homemade Pesto, Baked Tomatoes and Berwick Edge Cheese' or 'Grilled Smoked Haddock Fillet with Lemon Butter, Celeriac, Chili & Fennel Salsa'.
Their seafood options couldn't be fresher and between June & October often include lobsters staight from the sea.
It's worth leaving room for thei puds, which might include 'Apple Crumble with Cream' or their popular 'Chocolate Espresso Cake'.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; mains £5 to £8
- Dinner: all week from 18.00; mains £8 to £17
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.