Find this excellent burger restaurant in the trendy Northcote Road.
How restaurant names are chosen is unclear, but we doubt Byron knew of hamburgers, and they certainly weren't served in the iconic bistro of that name - now sadly defunct.
However, the name is catchy, and their burgers - made from fully-traceable Scottish Aberdeen Angus beef, very good, as are the hand-cut chips. They are offered in various formats, including a vegetarian version with Portobello Mushroom & Roast Red Peppers. There are various main course Salads for those not tempted by burgers.
Finish with Chocolate Brownies, Knickerbocker Glory and the like.
Service is friendly and informal.
- Food Style: Burgers - Top Quality
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri 12.00-23.30, Sat 11.00-23.30, Sun 11.00-22.30; mains from about £12 incl. chips
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri 12.00-23.30, Sat 11.00-23.30, Sun 11.00-22.30; mains from about £12 incl. chips
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £15 mark
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Clapham Junction Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: 25th Dec. (some days around Christmas have shorter hours)