Find this grill-style restaurant, the best in the area, in the comfortable Diplomat Hotel on the edge of the town.
The kitchen team that offers a seasonal menu, incorporating local produce when possible.
An early summer snapshot brought 'Prawn Cocktail'; 'Chicken Liver & Port Paté' and 'Potted Cockles with Bacon & Laverbread' among the starters.
'Vegetable Thai Curry'; 'Belly Pork with Fresh Vegetables, Mustard Mash & Cider Sauce'; ‘Beetroot & Goats Cheese Risotto; ‘ Beer-Battered Fish of the Day’ – plus a selection of Steaks & Burgers amongst the mains.
Traditional desserts from the trolley round off the meal.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: all week 11.00-14.30; mains about £11 to £16
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.30; mains about £11 to £16
- Seats: 100, plus 20 outside on patio
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Llanelli (2 miles)
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating
- Rooms available