Find this smart restaurant, the best in the area, in the comfortable Diplomat Hotel on the edge of the town.
Chef Roland Vargo heads a kitchen team that offers a seasonal menu, incorporating local produce when possible.
An early summer snapshot brought 'Tempura of queen Scallops & Tiger Prawns with Coconut & Coriander Dip'; 'Vine Tomato & Carmarthenshire Goats' Cheese, Crostini & Basil Salad' and 'Chicken Liver Parfait with Onion & Sultana Chutney' among the starters.
'Vegetable Nut Roast with Goats' Cheese & Apricots'; 'Moroccan-Spiced, Slow-Roast Lamb with Herb Flavoured Couscous & Harissa'; 'Duo of Local Beef - Char Grilled Medallion of Fillet & Slow-Braised Pie' and 'Pan-Roasted Fillet of Salmon with Sweet & Sour Pepper Coulis & Lemon Crushed Potatoes' listed among the mains.
Traditional desserts from the trolley round off the meal. Children have their own short menu.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00; set L £15 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses); mains £15 to £18
- Dinner: all week 18.00-21.30; set L £15 (2 courses), £20 (3 courses); mains £15 to £18
- Seats: 100, plus 20 outside on patio
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Llanelli (2 miles)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating
- Rooms available