What was until recently a pub (The Castle Bar), has been spruced up and given a new lease of life as a good local restaurant.
Seasonal, local, produce is the name of the game with Homemade Soups, and starters such as 'Brulée of Fivemiletown Bally Blue Cheese with Spicy Onion Marmalade & Black Olive Olive Biscotti'; 'Wild Smoked Salmon with Traditional Wheaten Bread' and 'Dromara Hereford Beef with Sesame & Soy, in a Filo Pastry Basket' set the style.
Mains such as 'Smoked Portavogie Haddock with Baby Spinach & Poached Quail's Egg'; 'Fillet of Rare-Breed Organic Tamworth Pig with Slow-Cooked Pork Belly and Compote of Apples & Cider' and 'Tartlet of Wild Game, with Cognac, Green Peppercorns, Thyme & Double Cream' might follow.
Finish with a well-prepared traditional dessert such as 'Apple Crumble with Tickety Moo Ice Cream'; 'Bread & Butter Pudding with Dromore award-winning Honey'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Sun 12.00-22.30
- Dinner: Weds-Thurs 17.00-22.00, Fri-Sun 12.00-22.00; set D Taster Menu £45;
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Mon & Tues, L Tues-Sat, most Bank Holidays