A cross between a deli, specialising in locally-sourced items, and a café/budget restaurant. Expect bare wooden tables and a pleasant rustic atmosphere.
The day starts with breakfast, including 'Full English'; 'Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs' and plenty of veggie options.
Saturday evening brings more ambitious dishes, such as 'Seared Chicken Liver Salad with Pinenuts & Balsamic Syrup'; 'Selection of Charcuterie with Pickles & Relish'; 'Greek Salad with Organic Sussex Feta, Mint & Lemon Dressing' among the starters.
'Slow-Roast Belly of Free-Range Sussex Pork'; 'Pan-Fried Fillet of Hake with Pea, Smoked Salmon & Leeks Sauce' and 'Moroccan-Spiced Vegetable & Chickpea Tagine' might follow among the mains.
Finish with 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Lemon Drizzle Cake' or 'Strawberry Shortcake'.
Sunday lunch is very popular, but their deal on children (see below) can make the experience too unrelaxing for some.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 10.00-16.00, Sun 12.00-15.00; mains from £7.25
- Dinner: D Sat from 19.00; set D £14.99 (2 courses), £17.99 (3 courses), £20.99 (4 courses)
- Children's portions: when possible; at L Sun, a child under 10 can eat a main course free with every adult main course ordered
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Worthing Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page