Find this excellent restaurant, specialising in seafood, over a fishmonger anf Fish & Chip shop of the same name. Expect bare brick walls and wooden tables.
The menu, however, is ambitious and helpings large.
A snapshot of the menu listed 'Half a Dozen Rock Oysters either Cold with Shallot & Jerez Vinegar or Grilled with Chorizo'; 'Crispy Smoked Eel Soldiers with a Soft Boiled Egg' and 'Roasted Partridge with Celeriac & Apple Rémoulade, Apple Jelly & Sherry Vinegar Emulsion' among the starters.
'40 Day Rib Eye Steak, Chips in Dripping, Smoked Garlic & Parsley Butter'; 'Pan-Fried Parmesan Polenta, Oyster Mushroom Fricassée & Rocket' and 'Roasted Fillet of Local Cod, Scallops, Chou Croute, Beach Mushroom & Chorizo Dressing'; Homemade Fishcakes and Meat Pies - plus a selection of deep-fried or grilled fish ranging from cod through sea bass to Dover sole listed among the mains.
Sunday lunch brings the addition of traditional roasts.
A few desserts might include 'Chocolate Fondant' and 'Rapberry Mousse with Griottine Cherries'.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.30-14.30, Sun 11.30-15.30; mains about £9 to £18
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-21.30; mains about £9 to £18
- Seats: 50
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Restaurant upstairs, but good Fish & Chip shop on ground floor
- Nearest station: Ramsgate Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: D Sun, some Bank Holidays