An excellent family run eaterie, combining the attributes of a pizzeria, trattoria and more sophisticated restaurant.
Expect a selection of well-prepared antipasti. Starters such as 'Deep-Fried Squid & Zucchini with Caper Mayonnaise' and 'Homemade Liver Paté with Spiced Seville Orange Marmalade' plus a list of good pasta dishes which can also be taken as a main course.
Their pizzas have won National Awards - but if you crave for more mains such as 'Pollo al Carciofi' (marinated free-range chicken, with a sauté of artichokes in Roast Garlic Cream & rosemary potatoes); 'Agnello del Rosso' (braised shoulder of lamb with wine & rosemary, a grilled lamb chop & Dauphinoise potatoes) and 'Risotto con Capesante' (pan-roasted king scallops on langoustine risotto) set the style.
The family run a popular wine bar 'Enoteca Nunzia' upstairs, plus a café/restaurant 'Salumeria' at No. 109 a few doors away.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.00 (Sun 12.30-21.00); set L Mon-Sat £11.50 (2 courses); set L Sun £14.50 (2 courses); mains about £10 to £22
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 18.00-22.30, Fri & Sat 18.00-23.00, Sun 12.30-21.00; Early Bird Menu until 19.00 (table to be vacated by 20.00) £14.50 (2 courses), £17.50 (3 courses); mains about £10 to £22
- Seats: 88, plus 20 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list, has its roots in Italy and modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Headingley Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan.
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating