Find this excellent brasserie-type restaurant/wine bar on the corner of Bedford Street and the Strand - and close to Charing Cross Station. Expect a Parisian-style atmosphere with plenty of dark wood plus marble-topped tables with paper covers.
You can eat Deli-style meals all day - these include the likes of Cheese and Charcuterie Boards, plus potted meat type light dishes - some might find their all-day Steak Tartare too hard to resist!
A short seasonal à la carte menu of offered for lunch and dinner (although only the deli versions on Saturday evenings) - starters such as ''Potted Crab'; 'Baked Crottin with Rocket & Beetroot'; 'Green Bean, Pickled Beetroot, Bingley Blue & Herb Salad'; 'Bayonne Ham with Rémoulade' and 'Charcuterie Boards - to share' set the style.
Mains, such as 'Braised Rabbit with Mustard Sauce'; 'Cote de Boeuf with Café de Paris Butter & Hand-Cut Chips'; 'Whole Sea Bass with Lemon & Thyme Butter'; 'Salad Nicoise with Char-Grilled Tuna' and 'Shepherds Pie with a Parmesan Crust' might follow.
Perhaps finish with 'Chocolate Fondant'; 'Treacle Tart'; 'Crème Brulée'; 'Jude's Farmhouse Ice Cream' or their selection of English or French cheeses.
Service is friendly, informal and efficient.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.30 (à la carte 12.00-15.00), Sat 17.00-23.00; Menu Rapid 12.00-14.30 £14.50 (2 courses), £17.50 (3 courses); mains £12 to £20
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.30-22.20; mains £12 to £20
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world, offering both modest mark-ups and an excellent choice by the glass
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Charing Cross Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: Sun & some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned