Find this good café-style restaurant at the higher, western end, of the High Street.
As well as delicious chocolate brownies and cakes from the deli, you can can just pop in for a cup of coffee away from lunchtime or enjoy their All Day Breakfast, with items such as 'Porridge with Maple Syrup or Honey'; 'Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Eggs on a Muffin' and 'Full English Breakfast' on offer.
Lunch brings everything from homemade soups, various platters (again using items from the deli) to ciabatta's and filled baguettes.
There are also more serious dishes, a summer menu including 'Buttlings (q.v.) Pork & Leek Sausages with Chips or Mash and Wholegrain Mustard Gravy'; 'Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Bacon, Rcket & Feta' and 'Tart of the Day' among the listings.
Finish with the likes of 'Sticky Toffee Pudding'; 'Treacle Tart' or 'Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake' if you still have room.
Booking is advisable near lunchtime.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat from 8.45-17.30 (approx.); mains from £7.50 to £9.50
- Wine: a short wine list offers good value, and is backed up by Luscombe's excellent cordials and the like
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: Sun & Bank Holidays