Find this excellent restaurant (brought piece by piece from the Paris exhibition of 1878) beautifully-set in Woburn Park - a treat in itself!
Expect roguish interior décor, with Beryl Cook-style paintings and partial recipes printed on the back of chairs - but overall, this is a serious place to dine, with slick French service.
The kitchen, under the leadership of Phil Fanning, combines well-sourced seasonal ingredients with excellent display - making many dishes look too good to eat.
Starters such as 'Sea Trout Confit'; 'Roasted Scallops with Black Pudding & Celeriac' and 'Duck Terrine' set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by the likes of 'Confit Pork Belly with Sage & Smoked Apple Purée'; 'Woburn Venison with Parsnip & Beetroot'; 'Barbecued Lamb with Aubergine Purée, Ratatouille & Merguez Potato Mousse' or 'Confit Duck Leg & Hearts with Courgette and Asparagus & Aligict Potatoes'
Delicious desserts might include 'Chocolate Mousse with Poached Meringue, Hazelnut Tuille & Chocolate Sorbet' and in the autumn 'Poached Quince & Mascarpone Ravioli with Orange Curd Ice Cream'. Whilst cheese lovers will enjoy the excellent selection of British & French artisan varieties.
Vegetarians have their own menu, but phoning ahead is always a good move.
A smart-casual minimum standard operates - so no flip flops, trainers or shorts.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Weds-Sun 12.00-14.00; L Tasting Menu £43 (6 course); L Sun £63 (5 courses);
- Dinner: Weds-Sun 19.00-21.00; Tasting Menu £91 (8 courses), £109 (10 course)
- Seats: 32
- Wine: An extensive list kicks at £30 but rises steadily thereafter.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Harlington or Woburn Sands Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: all Mon & Tues, D Sun, 24th Dec to 4th Jan
- Outside eating