A good foodie pub offering many standards - such as 'Sausages & Mash'; 'Fish & Chips' and 'Burgers' - Curries, Fish dishes and Specials, such as 'Breast of Pigeon with Wild Mushroom' and Risotto' and 'Slow-Cooked Belly Pork with Buttered Mash, Honey-Roasted Root Vegetables & Cider Sauce'.
If you still have room, you might be tempted by 'Warm Chocolate Tart with White Chocolate Ice Cream'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream' - or their selection of Cheeses with Irish Porter.
All is carefully-sourced, and gooded to a good standard.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Thurs 12.00-14.30, Fri & Sat 12.00-22.00, Sun 12.00-17.30; mains about £12 to £19
- Dinner: Tues-Thurs 18.00-21.30; Fri & Sat 12.00-22.00; mains about £12 to £19
- Seats: 48
- Wine: a concise, well-chosen, list kicks off at about £16
- Nearest station: Biggleswade Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun; check Christmas openings