A good neighbourhood restaurant, offering friendly service and careful cooking.
The menu includes dishes with influences drawn from around the world, but Mediterranean flavours predominate.
Lunch brings everything from Open Sandwiches and Salads to full three course meals. For these and at dinner, starters such as 'Roast Red Pepper Houmus & Guacamole with Homemade Flatbread'; 'Mussels cooked in White Wine, Coriander, Garlic & Coconut Cream' and 'Cod & Coconut Bon Bons with Meze of Curried Vegetables & Butternut Cappuccino' set the style.
With maybe 'Crispy Fish Tempura, with Pea & Mint Purée, Tartare Sauce & Fries'; 'Confit of Duck with Haricot Beans, Rosemary Potatoes & Pomegranate Dressing'; 'Penne Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Tomato & Basil Sauce' and 'Seared Scallops on a Sweet Corn Purée, Sweet Corn & Apricot Salsa & Pancetta' listed among the mains.
Desserts such as 'Raspberry Meringue Roulade'; 'Banana Sticky Toffee Pudding with Toffee Sauce & Vanilla Ice Cream' and 'Basil Crème Brulée with a Strawberry & Cream Shooter' might be there to tempt you at the end.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-14.30, mains about £9 to £18
- Dinner: Tues-Thurs 18.00-21.30, Fri & Sat 18.00-22.00; mains about £12 to £18; Early Bird set D £16.95 (3 courses)
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: L Sat, all Sun & Mon.