Describing itself as a Bombay café in London, and of a type now hard to find in Mumbai - this is a pleasant place to enjoy everything from a snack to something more formulaic and substantial. Care has gone into the sourcing of produce - for example, the bacon in their 'Bacon Naan Roll' comes from The Ginger Pig.
An all-day menu offers a Tapas-style menu - including dishes such as 'Lamb Samasas'; 'Chilli Cheese Toast' and 'Squid with Lime & Chilli'; Grills - such as 'Kababs'; 'Spicy Lamb Chops'; 'Grilled Masala Prawns' and 'Grilled Mixed Vegetables'; plus various Biryani's.
A few puds generally include 'Kulfi on a Stick'; 'Seasonal Fruit Crumble' and 'Fresh Mango with Vanilla Yoghurt.
Drink Chai (tea), Lassi, Indian Beers, a modern Cocktail or something from their concise wine list.
Service is busy - but friendly and helpful.
- Food Style: Indian Cafe
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-23.00, Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-22.00; Big Bombay Breakfast £11.90; mains about £7 to £16 (including rice)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 8.00-23.00, Sat 10.00-23.00, Sun 10.00-22.00; mains about £7 to £16 (including rice)
- Seats: 140, plus about 20 outside
- Wine: a concise list is backed up by modern cocktails and Indian beers
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Leicester Square or Covent Garden Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned