A laid back restaurant - ideal if you'd like memories of your North African holiday. But remember to bring your own wine, as they are unlicensed.
Perhaps begin with 'Houmous'; 'Mechouia' (slow cooked grilled pepper with tomato, cumin, garlic & olive oil) or 'Vegetable Mezze' to share.
As the name implies, Tagines are the name of the game here, with around a dozen on offer, ranging from 'Vegetable' & 'Spinach' (with goats cheese) through various 'Chicken' & 'Lamb' varieties to 'Fish' & 'Kefta Meatballs'.
Various Couscous and Kebabs are also on offer.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by 'Tart Tatin'; 'Crème Brulée with Figs' or their selection of Moroccan Sweets.
Service has mixed reports for efficiency, but scores well on the friendliness stakes.
- Food Style: North African
- Lunch: Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; mains from about £11 to £19
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 17.00-22.30, Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; mains from about £11 to £19
- Wine: Unlicensed, but you can BYO
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Balham Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page