A good brasserie under the same ownership as Sam's Brasserie & Bar Chiswick, and offering a carefully-sourced modern British menu.
The open-plan kitchen adds to the atmosphere, and if you like you can just enjoy cocktails at the bar.
A wide selection of Breakfast/Brunch items are offered between 9.00 & 12.00, ranging from pastries through Boiled Egg & Soldiers to the likes of Kedgeree & Confit Duck Hash with Poached Eggs & Hollandaise.
At lunch time and during the evening, the menu expands to include the likes of 'Butternut Squash Lasagne with Sage Beurre Noisette & Herb Salad'; 'Roast Cod with Pink Fir Apple Potato, Ratatouille & Salsa Verde'; 'Confit Pork Belly with Mash, Swiss Chard & Apple Compote' and 'Braised Denham Estate Venison with Savoy Cabbage, Mash & Carrots' amongst the mains – plus interesting starters & puds.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30, Sat & Sun 9.00-15.30 (plus all day Bar Menu); mains from about £12 to £23; set L Mon-Sat £14 (2 courses), £17 (3 courses); Set L Sun £19.50 (2 courses), £22.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-22.30, Sat 18.30-22.30, Sun 18.30-22.00; set D £14 (2 courses), £17 (3 courses); mains from about £12 to £23
- Seats: 90, plus about 10 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list travels the world kicking off at around the £19 mark, and offers an excellent selection by the glass
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Balham Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Pay & Display Bedford Hill
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Outside eating