A good brasserie-stle restaurant, offering everything from all day coffee & pots of tea, through excellent snacks and light lunches such as 'Kent Rarebit - with Cheddar Cheese, Mustard & Larkins Beer' and 'Garlic Wild Mushrooms on Toasted White Bread with Cobnut Mayonnaise' to mains dishes such as 'Local Sausages with Mustard Mash & Bramley Apple Gravy'; 'Shepherd's Pie - with Kent Lamb flavoured with Rosemary' and 'Spinach, Mushroom, Tomato & Mascarpone Pancakes topped with Cheddar Cheese'.
Their Afternoon Teas are popular, as are their Brunch dishes - which includes 'Full English Breakfast'.
Service is both friendly and enthusiastic.
Their attached Produce Shop (q.v.) is not to be missed.
- Food Style: Brasserie
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 8.00-23.30, Sun 8.00-18.00; mains £11 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 8.00-23.30, Sun 8.00-18.00; mains £11 to £15
- Wine: a concise, but adequate, list is offered - plus top-quality soft drinks & local beers
- Children's portions: Children's Menu; plus helpings when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Tunbridge Wells Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating