« back to restaurants search results
Café Marlayne Thistle Street76 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN
A good little bistro, candlelit at night, serving a menu of well-cooked seasonal French provincial-style dishes.
Those for dinner are a little more elaborate than those for lunch, but starters such as 'Leek & Potato Soup'; 'Boudin Noir with Scallops, Sauté Potatoes & Rosemary Vinaigrette'; 'Duck Liver Parfait with Red Pepper Chutney' and 'Baked Goats Cheese Salad with Roast Beetroot, Hazelnut & Shallots' sets the style.
Perhaps to be followed by the likes of Calves Liver with Braised Onions, Crispy Sage & Bacon'; 'Skate Wing with Capers & Beurre Noisette'; 'Rump steak with Roquefort Sauce'; 'Rack of Borders Lamb with Slow-Baked Coriander & Garlic Aubergine and Red Pepper Coulis' and 'Monkfish Tail with Fresh Mussels in a Lightly-Curried Coconut Milk Spinach & Coriander Broth' among the listed mains.
Traditional desserts round off the meal.
Because of it's size, there's generally a vibrant buzz - so book to ensure a table.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: all week, mains £7 to £9
- Dinner: all week, mains £13 to £15
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays