Find this popular restaurant and wedding venue in a tastefully-converted watermill.
The kitchen, headed by Mark Bailey, sources local produce for its seasonally-changing menus - but starters such as 'Warm Salad of Caramelised Pears with Smoked Bacon & Blue Cheese with a Scrumpy Dressing'; 'Fowey River Mussels, Steamed in White Wine & Garlic with Cream & Parsley' and 'Marinated Aubergine Bake with Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella' set the style on an autumn menu.
'Roasted Butternut Squash and Wild Mushroom Risotto with Goats Cheese'; 'Char-Grilled West Country Sirloin Steak with Green & Red Pepper Sauce, Slow-Roasted Tomatoes, Field Mushrooms, Fries & Seasonal Vegetables'; 'Crisp Fillets of Cornish Sea Bass with Local Spinach, Buttered Potato Cake and Wild Mushroom & White Wine Sauce' and 'Local Game, Slowly-Cooked with Baby Onion, Bacon & Thyme - Topped with Puff Pastry' were listed amongst the mains.
If you still have room, perhaps finish with 'Apple & Blackberry Eton Mess'; 'White Chocolate Blondie with a Raspberry Compote & Whipped Cream' or 'Baked Caramelised Banana Cheese Cake with Pecan Nuts & Toffee Sauce'.
Service is friendly & helpful.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £10 to £18
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 11.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £10 to £18
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Westbury Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Yes
- Outside eating