Find this excellent Italian café/restaurant, attached to the good more upmarket restaurant of the same name, as part of the Duke of York's Barracks redevelopment - just off the King's Road. It is owned by Machiavelli, who also run an excellent mail order site offering Italian delicacies (q.v. Or Mail Order section).
You can settle for a cup of excellent coffee - perhaps with a slice of cake, have a properly-prepared panini; share an antipasti board - or have a more substantial Salad or hot dish of the day.
The latter might include the likes of 'Roast Beef' (sourced from Ginger Pig) and 'Prosciutto di Parma, with Red Cabbage, Apple & Toasted Cumin Seeds' among the salads - 'Mixed Mushroom Lasgne' and 'Italian Sausages with Cannellini Stew & Bruschette' among the mains.
Service is excellent, and remains friendly and helpful even under pressure.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Breakfast 7.30-10.00; L Mon-Fri 11.00-19.00, Sat 10.00-19.00, Sun 10.00-18.00; mains about £19 to £27; set L 12.00-15.00 £24.50 (2 courses), £28.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: from 18.00; mains about £19 to £27; set Early Bird D 18.00-19.00 £24.50 (2 courses), £28.50 (3 courses)
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups for the area.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Sloane Square Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Outside eating