This restaurant stands out among the many in the area, as being the best at what it tries to achieve. Namely offering genuine Syrian cooking at an affordable price - in a friendly atmosphere. Try to secure a table in the rear dining room, which has more subdued lighting and more restful atmosphere.
Expect starters such as 'Chicken' or 'Lentil' Soup; proper 'Houmus'; 'Tabbouleh'; Warak Inab' (stuffed vine leaves) and various tasty ways with aubergines.
While mains are a mixture of traditional oven & rice dishes such as 'Moussaka'; 'Molokhia' (chicken with molokhia leaves, coriander & garlic); various Couscous dishes and items from the grill. The latter ranging from Kafta's & Kebab's to Mixed Grill.
Simply cooked fish dishes, such as 'Grilled Sea Bass with Tahina Sauce & Rice' are also recommended.
Perhaps finish with a traditional sticky pastry or Syrian ice cream.
No alcohol is served, but offer good juices.
- Food Style: Syrian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-22.30; mains from around £8 to £15
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.30; mains from around £8 to £15
- Wine: No alcohol is served, but offer good juices.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Shepherds Bush Market Underground.
- Directions: see the map on this page