Find this popular restaurant, just north of the Euston Road; and it's probably London's most authentic Mexican.
You can graze for a modest price with Antojitos dishes - in the style of tapas - have various reasonably-priced Burritos (also available to take-away) or splash out on their à la carte offerings.
These are extensive, but include dishes such as 'Chuleta de Cordero' (lamb chops with a spicy chili sauce) and 'Pina Rellena de Mariscos' (pineapple, stuffed with fish, prawns & clams). There are a few desserts, such as 'Pastel de Queso y Coco - cheese & coconut cake topped with mango coulis' and 'Crepas de Cajeta - crepes topped with caramel sauce, chopped walnuts & vanilla ice cream'.
However, there have been various reports that the quality of service lets the restaurant down.
The restaurant also operates a good website - Mex Grocer - which supplies Mexican groceries by mail order.
- Food Style: Mexican
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.30, mains from about £12 to £24; Sun 12.00-16.00 (Sunday Brunch £19.99, Children £9.99)
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 17.00-22.00; mains from about £12 to £24
- Wine: a concise list, has modest mark-ups, and includes a few bottles from Mexico - Tequila Cocktails are a speciality
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible (including Sunday Brunch)
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Euston Square Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Air conditioned