A good, and fun, budget-style restaurant - basing its menu on top-quality Sussex produce - although some nevessities invariably come from further afield.
The day begins with breakfast items - simple on weekdays, but more elaborate brunch-style dishes, such as 'Eggs Florentine'; 'Field Mushrooms on Toast' plus 'Full English' (including a veggie version) are offered at the weekend.
Lunch brings everything from 'Soup of the Day'; perhaps a Sussex Cheese Salad; 'Aberdeen Angus Steak Sandwich' and more elaborate dishes such as 'Chicken, Chorizo & Bean Stew'.
There is always good coffee and tea, Luscombe organic drinks and homemade cakes.
In fine weather a table outside is great for people watching.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 9.00-18.00, Sun 10.00-18.00; mains £7 to £9
- Wine: a short list is modestly-priced
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Brighton Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating