An excellent café offering an adventuous menu of home-cooked food - making the place seeking out.
Breakfasts include temptations such as 'Brulée with a Dram' (porridge with a dram of whiskey, topped with sliced bananas, Greek yoghurt & caramelised sugar) and 'Cinnamon Toast' as well as 'Full English' - also offered in a veggie version.
Nearer lunchtime the menu develops an International flavour with the likes of 'Black Bean Burrito'; 'Vietnamese Noodle Salad' and 'Enchilada Mole Poblano' - plus daily specials listed on a blackboard.
They are also well-known in a wide area for the excellence of their coffee.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-15.30, Sat 9.00-16.00, Sun 9.00-15.30; mains from about £6
- Children's portions: Unlicensed
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Pokesdown Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Outside eating