After hours access this excellent centre of food via Cateaton Street. You'll find a modern dining room with marvellous views over the city – accentuated by the buildings large windows.
The kitchen team that have built up an excellent source of largely local suppliers, and seasonal British food given a modern twist is the name of the game.
A winter menu listed 'Breaded Scallops with Garlic, Lemon & Chili'; 'Duck Liver Paté with Orange, Cranberry & Brioche'; ‘Hoisin Duck Buns with Pickles, Chili & Coriander' and 'Beetroot Hummus with Feta, Za’atar, Chili & Sourdough' among the starters.
'Thai Curry with Mussels & Coconut'; 'Pheasant Coq au Vin with Bacon, Chestnut Mushrooms & Creamed Potatoes'; 'Fish & Chips with Tartare Sauce' and 'Seabream with Celery, Salsify Ragout, Mussels & Celery Salt' – plus Steaks and other items from their Josper Grill - listed amongst the mains.
Desserts, such as ' Apple Tart Tatin with Goats Cheese Ice Cream' and 'Bitter Chocolate Pavé with Pistachios & Caramel Ice Cream' might be at hand to tempt those with a sweet tooth – whilst cheese lovers should be impressed by their selection of British farmhouse varieties.
An attached bar is a perfect place to meet friends.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Mon 10.00-20.00, Tues-Fri 10.00-22.00; Sat 11.00-17.30; set L £30 (2 courses); mains about £13 to £28; Afternoon Tea 15.00-17.00 (from £20)
- Dinner: Mon 10.00-20.00, Tues-Fri 10.00-22.00; set D £22 (3 courses); mains about £13 to £28
- Seats: 90
- Wine: an impressive list largely echos the wines sold in their top class wine shop on-site. Some offer particularly-good-value.
- Children's portions: Interesting Children’s Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Manchester Piccadilly
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: D Sun
- Air conditioned