A good and bustling restaurant specialising in seafood, as the name suggests.
Expect a dining room with a minimalist modern feel, and friendly staff to give advice when you order.
Starters such as 'Fish Soup with Granary or Garlic Bread'; 'Baked Local Scallops with Crisp Bacon & Tomato Sauce'; 'Grilled Mounts Bay Sardines' and 'Pesto Chicken Goujons with Feta Salad & Yoghurt Dressing' set the style.
Mains are based on the local catch, with a display from which to choose. You simply then mix & match the method of cooking with a sauce (or not if you prefer) plus various accompiments.
There are various steaks and simple poultry dishes for confirmed carnivores - plus mix & matches sauces on offer again.
Lunchtime brings the addition of a few less ambitious dishes - such as Fish Pie and Pasta items - from which to choose.
Puds are of the Treacle Tart and Apple & Blackberry Crumble variety.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains from about £8 to £18
- Dinner: all week 17.30-22.30; mains from about £10 to £18
- Seats: 70
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: St Ives Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: some religious Bank Holidays