Chisou - meaning 'spirit of the feast' offers authentic Japanese traditional and contemporary dishes; and British visitors should be encouraged by the numbers of Japanese customers - all looking very contented.
At this branch you eat sitting at a bar, rather than a traditional table.
The Sushi and Sashimi are excellent, and the fish used gleamingly fresh. Both are priced per piece.
Other offerings include 'Gyu Tataki' (seared beef fillet with garlic and ponza sauce); mixed tempura and Steamed Tofu wrapped in Bean Curd with Kin Prawns and Shitake Mushrooms'.
The evening brings yet more choice, as a list of chef's specials appears - this changes regularly but might include the likes of 'Deep-fried Soft-Shelled Crab'; 'Salted King Crab Legs' and 'Spicy Grilled Salmon Belly'.
The sweet-toothed can perhaps finish with 'Green Tea Mousse' or 'Japanese Chestnut Ice Cream'.
They have restaurant branches in Knightsbridge & Mayfair.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-14.30 (Sat 15.00); set L from £14.50 (2 courses) to £19.50; mains about £10 to £26
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.30; mains about £10 to £26
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around £15 or drink sake
- Nearest station: Turnham Green or Chiswick Park Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: L Mon, all Sun, most Bank Holidays