« back to restaurants search results
Wildwood Kitchen Shaftesbury Avenue184 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, London, WC2H 8JB
Although part of a small chain, don't let that put you off visiting this well-run restaurant.
You'll find tasty pizza's, grills and salad's as well the implied pasta dishes - and nothing should disappoint, particularly at these reasonable pricing levels.
However, the general atmosphere of cream walls, dark wood trimmings, candle-lit fire place, fresh flowers and sofas - almost brings an air of opulence.
After an assortment of starters, such as 'Pan-Fried Tiger Prawns with Garlic & Parsley on Grilled Ciabatta'; 'Duck Liver Paté' and 'Baked Portobello Mushroom with Goats Cheese, Rocket & Pesto'; expect an assortment of British 'favourites such as 'Spaghetti Bolognese' and 'Chicken Caesar Salad' intermingled with a few more authentically-Italian combinations - such as 'Roasted Aubergine Penne with Cherry Tomatoes, Black Olives & Fresh Basil'; 'Classic Margherita Pizza' and 'Seafood Linguini - with prawns, mussels, squid & spicy tomato sauce'.
A few well-executed desserts, such as 'Traditional Tiramisu'; 'Lemon Tart with Crème Fraiche' and 'Sicilian Lemon Sorbet' are there to tempt you at the end.
Service is both slick and friendly.
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains between about £7 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains between about £7 to £15
- Wine: a well-chosen list has modest mark-ups for the area
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Covent Garden or Leicester Square Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Air conditioned