A good-value Malaysian restaurant, on the site of Mawar (but much improved on the décor and lavatory front).
Expect fairly authentic dishes, but with flavours and their heat toned down to what they expect the British will tolerate - however, there are still plenty of expats, looking content.
A wide range of starters range from ' Aneka Satay' (marinated beef, chicken & lamb) through 'Bakwan' (mixed vegetables with sweet chili sauce) and 'Bergedil' (potato cakes with chili dip) to 'Soft Shell Crab with Chili & Garlic'.
A wide selection of mains covers all the bases - beef, chicken, fish, prawns & vegetables - in various styles, such as 'Bawang Putih' (fried with crispy garlic); 'Kari' (curry) & 'Sambal' (green chili sauce'.
A range of mixed rice and noodle dishes - including 'Phas Thai' complete the picture, but beware of the authentic heat of their 'Singapore Laksa!
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Malaysian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-22.30; set L from about £7; mains around £8 to £22
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 12.00-22.30; mains around £8 to £22; set D £29.50 (2 people minimum)
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups + Tiger beer
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Edgware Road Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L all week; some Bank Holidays