A popular Turkish restaurant offering authentic dishes to perhaps remind you of holidays past; and it's reassuring to find plenty of ex-pat customers.
As the name implies, meze figure prominently.
For starters, expect the likes of 'Houmus'; 'Taramasalata'; 'Börek' and 'Albanian Liver (sautéed with a Turkish-style onion salad) - or perhaps a 'Mixed Meze Platter' (with houmus, cacik, şakşuka, taboulet, dolma & feta cheese).
'Kebabs' of various types; 'Et Sote' (lamb casserole); 'Tavuk Sote (chicken casserole); 'Chargrilled Sea Bass Fillet'; 'Deep-Fried Squid' and various Salads and Fried Vegetable combinations - follow.
If you still have room, you can finish with a 'Baklava'; 'Sütlac' (Turkish-style rice pudding with cinnamon ice cream) or 'Künefe' (baked & shredded filo pastry with a cheese filling in a syrup sauce).
- Food Style: Turkish
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-midnight; mains about £9 to £15
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-22.30, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.00; D from 17.00; mains about £9 to £15
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen list has modest mark-ups & includes some Turkish offerings
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Great Portland Street or Warren Street Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Sun; some Bank Holidays