An excellent Scandinavian/Finnish-style sandwich bar offered great food at modest prices.
Expect pine panelling, long communal tables and a relaxing atmosphere - even when the place is busy.
On the food front, they offer everything from muffins through cakes to rye bread open sandwiches - such as 'Egg & Herring' & 'Brie & Lingonberry' - plus 'Karelian Pie' (a rye-crusted savoury snack with a rice or potato mash filling; served with egg-butter spread).
A Take Away service operates. Branch at Golden Square, Soho.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 8.00-18.00, Sat 9.00-18.00, Sun 11.00-18.00; mains around £4
- Wine: Drink coffee, tea or juices.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Bond Street or Regents Park Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page