« back to restaurants search results
Tiles Wine Bar36 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, London, London, SW1W 0RE
A good winebar also offering a downstairs restaurant (candlelit at night) which offers both well-cooked good-value lunches and romantic evening meals – just a stones throw from Victoria Station, and city visitors interested in Buckingham Palace.
Their one course lunch generally offers the likes of 'Fish & Chips' (with beer batter, home-made chips & mushy peas); 'Rose Beef Burger with Mature Cheddar Cheese & Red Onion Marmalade'; 'Fish Pie' plus an interesting pasta and risotto dish.
While the Carte is more ambitious with perhaps ‘Roasted Honey-Glazed Duck Breast with Celeriac Purée, Curly Kale & Cherry Sauce’; ‘Rosemary Lamb Casserole with Red Cabbage & Potato Stack’ and ‘Wild Mushroom Risotto with Rocket & Parmesan Shavings’.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by the likes of 'Fruits of the Forest Cheesecake' or 'Dark Chocolate Gateaux with Raspberry Coulis'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains about £12 to £19
- Dinner: all week 17.30-22.00; mains about £12 to £19; Pre-Theatre 17.30-19.30 £17.95 (2 courses & glass of wine)
- Wine: A good list, offering many varieties by the glass, kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Wheelchair access: Groundfloor only
- Nearest station: Victoria Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page