« back to restaurants search results
Tiles Wine Bar36 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, London, London, SW1W 0RE
A good winebar also offering a downstairs restaurant (candlelit at night) which offers both well-cooked good-value lunches and romantic evening meals - just a stones throw from Victoria Station, and city visitors interested in Buckingham Palace.
Their one course lunch generally offers the likes of 'Fish & Chips' (with beer batter, home-made chips & mushy peas); 'Rose Beef Burger with Mature Cheddar Cheese & Red Onion Marmalade'; 'Fish Pie' plus an interesting pasta and risotto dish.
While the the Carte is wildly ambitious, careful sourcing produces excellent results - with perhaps 'Salt & Pepper Squid with Sweet Chili Sauce' and 'Chicken Liver Parfait with Melba Toast & Onion Marmalade' standing out among the starters; 'Char-grilled Argentinean Rib Eye Steak with Béarnaise Butter'; 'Fillet of Seabass with Sautéed Potatoes, Roasted Beetroot and Green Beans' and 'Traditional Welsh Lamb Stew with Honey-Roast Vegetables & Organic Mashed Potato among the listed mains.
Those with a sweet tooth might be tempted by the likes of 'Fruits of the Forest Cheesecake' or 'Dark Chocolate Gateaux with Raspberry Coulis'.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: set L £10.95 (one glass & glass of house wine); mains from about £11 to £16
- Dinner: set D £16.95 (2 courses & glass of wine); mains from about £11 to £16
- Wine: A good list, offering many varieties by the glass, kicks off at around the £17 mark
- Wheelchair access: Groundfloor only
- Nearest station: Victoria Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page