A refreshing addition to the Brighton restaurant scene, whether you're after a one course lunch or more ambitious evening meal.
The menu changes seasonally, but a winter example listed 'Saffron-Glazed Scallops with Pistachio & Apple Purée and a Pistachio Olive Oil Drizzle'; 'Stilton & Apple Tartlet with Red Onion Balsamic Purée' and 'Duck & Chicken Liver Paté with Toasted Brioche & Chutney' among the starters.
'Slow-Roast Pork Belly with Apple Mash, Braised Red Cabbage & Prune Sauce'; 'Roasted Cod & Clams with Bacon Mash, Shallot Sauce & Wilted Spinach and a much-enjoyed 'Wild Mushroom Risotto' listed amonst the mains.
Finish with the likes of 'Crème Brulée with Home-Made Shortbread Biscuits' or 'Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream'.
Sunday lunch brings a variety of Roast including a veggie version; and on Wednesday evenings tentertainers bring their grand piano into operation.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.30, set L £10.95 (2 courses), mains about £11 to £19
- Dinner: Sun-Thurs 18.00-21.00, Fri & Sat 18.00-22.00; set D £15.95 (2 courses), £19.95 (3 courses); mains about £11 to £19
- Wine: A concise, but well chosen, list kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Brighton Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page