An excellent Mexican restaurant, owned by The Cool Chile Company (see our Mail Order section & www.gourmetbritishmarket.com (http://www.gourmetbritishmarket.com/) ) - one of Britain's foremost supplier of genuine Mexican ingredients.
Prices are very reasonable here - all the soft corn tortillas are made by themselves, then filled with top-quality ingredients, such as sustainable fish, free-range eggs, chicken or pork.
Their menu is extensive, but snacky items might include ''Flautas' (deep-fried rolled tortillas filled with refried beans or chicken with tomatillo salsa, sliced onion & queso fresco cheese) and 'Enchiladitas Suizas de Poblano' (mini corn tortillas rolled around potato & baked with Poblani chili, cheese and crema sauce).
Popular more substantial items are 'Carne Asada' (char-grilled skirt teak, avocado mash * salsa Mexicana); 'Pescado' (beer-battered Alaskan Pollack with acocado mash, chipotle mayonnaise, Mexican salsa & shredded cabbage) and 'Chorizo Mexicano' (house-made Mexican chorizo, dice onion & coriander).
A few desserts include 'Pudin de Vainilla' (vanilla pudding with hibiscus syrup) and 'Plátanos con Cajeta' (fried plantain, ice cream, cajeta (goats milk toffee) & toasted almonds).
- Food Style: Mexican
- Lunch: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £6 to £9
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 12.00-23.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.30, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains £6 to £9
- Wine: a short list, based around Mexico & South America has modest mark-ups - or drink from their list of beers, cocktails, tequila's or juices
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Notting Hill Gate or Bayswater Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page