A café with a real sense of history - being perhaps the only survivor of the 1950's coffee bar boom.
In atmosphere, little has changed, and the basement music venue, which in its time has held some of the worlds greatest performers, still operates successful (see their website for details).
On the food and drink front, you can enjoy anything from a cup of good coffee to a bowl of porridge, bacon buttie, an omelette, salad - to more elaborate bistro-style fare such as good burgers & steaks; Pie, Mash & Liquor and Eggs Benedict.
Several dishes - such as Coq au Vin & Cote de Boeuf need ordering and are designed for a family to share.
Sourcing is from some of the city's best retailers.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: all week 9.00-23.30; mains £6 to £21
- Dinner: all week 9.00-23.30; mains £6 to £21
- Wine: a list is composed of offerings from their wine shop.
- Children's portions: Childrens/Family Menu during the day
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Earls Court Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Outside eating
- Rooms available