« back to restaurants search results
Made in Italy - Kings Road249 King's Road, Chelsea, London, London, SW3 5EL
A popular Italian budget restaurant, belonging to the Made in Italy chain (and the first restaurant of the group), and decorated to look like a traditional pizzeria. It's unusual in that it has a little roof terrace overlooking the King's Road.
Starters such as 'Parmigiana' (aubergine & mozzarella bake); 'Insalata do Polpo, seppie e patate' (octopus, cuttlefish & potato salad, with olive oil & lemon) and 'Zuppa di Cozze' (steamed mussels with garlic, red chili & white wine) set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by a range of Pasta dishes of the 'Rigatoni Mamma Mia' (rigatoni with home-made meatballs, aubergines, cherry tomatoes & parmesan) & 'Spaghetti Vongole' (sautéed clams with garlic & cherry tomatoes) ilk - and a wide selection of Pizzas, which are are unusually sold by the centimetre (25/50/75/1 metre).
A few items such as Chicken and Steaks are offered from the Grill.
Puds follow the expected trend for a restaurant of this type - so Tiramisu etc.
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £8 to £18
- Dinner: Mon 18.00-23.00, Tues-Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.00; mains about £8 to £18
- Wine: a concise Italian list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but phone ahead & book
- Nearest station: Sloane Square Underground (10 minutes walk)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Outside eating