« back to restaurants search results
Made in Italy - Soho14a Old Compton Street, Soho, London, London, W1D 4TH
Find this good budget Italian in popular Soho, and handily-placed for some of the city's best theatres and cinemas.
It belongs to the expanding Made in Italy chain, and is decorated to look like a traditional pizzeria.
Starters such as 'Parmigiana' (aubergine & mozzarella bake); 'Insalata do Polpo, seppie e patate' (octopus, cuttlefish & potato salad, with olive oil & lemon) and 'Zuppa di Cozze' (steamed mussels with garlic, red chili & white wine) set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by a range of Pasta dishes of the 'Rigatoni Mamma Mia' (rigatoni with home-made meatballs, aubergines, cherry tomatoes & parmesan) & 'Spaghetti Vongole' (sautéed clams with garlic & cherry tomatoes) ilk - and a wide selection of Pizzas, which are are unusually sold by the centimetre (25/50/75/1 metre).
A few items such as Chicken and Steaks are offered from the Grill.
Puds follow the expected trend for a restaurant of this type - so Tiramisu etc.
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: all week 12.00-15.00; mains about £8 to £18
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 17.00-23.00, Sun 17.00-22.00; mains about £8 to £18
- Wine: a concise, all Italian, list has modest nark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Leicester Square or Tottenham Court Road
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page