A good little family-run bistro, where you find the rarity of individual style in this busy, and over-commercial, city. It's deservedly popular with the locals - so booking is essential.
Their short, seasonally-changing menu offers the likes of 'Millefeuille of Foie Gras & Artickoke Hearts with Sultana & Muscat Compote'; 'Roasted Pear with Walnuts & Roquefort'; 'Cassolette D'Escargots à la Catalane (snails baked with chili, tomato & ham) and 'Pan-Seared Scallops with Broad Bean Purée & Parmesan Crumble' amongst the starters.
Perhaps 'Cassoulet'; 'Leg of Rabbit Braised with White Wine & Grain Mustard'; 'Boeuf Bourguignon'; 'Duck Breast with Banyuls & Figs' and a fish and vegetarian dish of the day - depending on the market.
Puds, such as 'Chestnut Cream & Whisky Gâteau' and 'Nougat Glacé' aren't to be missed.
Excellent and personal service.
- Food Style: Bistro
- Lunch: lunch for parties by arrangement
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00 -21.30; set D Tues-Thurs £14.50 (2 courses), £18.00 (3 courses); mains from around £17 to £18
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at around the £16 mark
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: East Putney Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: L all week, all Mon & Sun; check Christmas opening