Find this popular Italian in a newish development with terraces overlooking the river. Indeed, it really comes into its own during summer months. You can just pop in for a drink, but the best tables will be occupied by dinners.
The menu might be rather clichéd for todays experimental tastes - but at least you know where you are with a simple style that some restaurant's still manage to mess up!
Expect the likes of 'Insalata Tricolore' (buffalo mozzarella, avocado, tomato with basil dressing); 'Calamari Fritti'; 'Beef Carpaccio with Parmesan Shavings' and 'Mixed Antipasto' among the starters.
'Grilled Halibut Steak with Butter & Caper Sauce'; 'Pollo alla Contadina' (marinated breast of chicken on a warm salad, with grilled vegetables & Dolcelatte); 'Bistecca Diana' (mustard, brandy, onions & mushrooms); 'Saltimbocca alla Romans' (veal escalopes with ham & sage' plus various pizza's and pasta dishes amongst the listed mains.
Puds include the inevitable 'Tiramisu' plus 'Crème Brulée'; 'Profiteroles' and the like.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-22.30; (Fri & Sat 23.00); set L £12 (2 courses); mains £11 to £20
- Dinner: all week 12.00-22.30; (Fri & Sat 23.00); set L £12 (2 courses); mains £11 to £20
- Wine: an Italian list has modest mark-ups considering the restaurants riverside position
- Wheelchair access: phone ahead as their terraces have different levels
- Nearest station: Wandsworth Town Rail or East Putney Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Riverside Quarter Parking
- Outside eating