A branch of the truly-excellent Franco Manca in Brixton, and thought by some to not be quite so good (and some don't like the fact that toppings stop so far away from the pizza's edge). However, you'll still find some of London's best pizza's at this restaurant, and although heavingly busy, if worth an afternoon visit just to try one! Unless you arrive early for lunch, you'll have to queue - although they have extended hours here, which aren't possible at the Brixton Market site.
Part of their secret seems to be the fact that they prepared the bases the day before - when these are also flash-baked for less than a minute; plus the wood-fired oven, operating at about 500
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat & Sun 11.30-23.00; pizzas about £8 to £10
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 12.00-23.00, Sat & Sun 11.30-23.00; pizzas about £8 to £108
- Wine: drink their modestly-priced organic wine - red or white + a few other options.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Turnham Green Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page