A branch of the trully-excellent Franco Manca in Brixton, and thought by some to not be quite so good (and some don't like the fact that toppings stop so far away from the pizza's edge). However, you'll still find some of London's best pizza's at this restaurant, and although heavingly busy, if worth an afternoon visit just to try one!
This first-floor shopping cente branch is not a restaurant in the normal sense, but a ordering counter - sharing its seating with neighbours (at the time of writing Comptoir Libanais & Pho), so bare this in mind if you're looking after a relaxing meal!
Unless you arrive early for lunch, you'll have to queue - although they have extended hours here, which aren't possible at the Brixton Market site.
Part of their secret seems to be the fact that they prepared the bases the day before - when these are also flash-baked for less than a minute; plus the wood-fired oven, operating at about 500
- Food Style: Pizza & Pasta
- Lunch: pizzas between about £5 & £8
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Stratford Rail (1.5k) & Stratford Millennium Square Underground (0.6k)
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes, 5,000 spaces, but public transport is recommended
- Closed: Some Public Holidays
- Air conditioned