A deservedly-popular restaurant offering traditional Persian dishes and trying to create an atmosphere a few centuries in the past. You'll find walls hung with Persian rugs and splendid coloured lanterns (faanoos) - all adding to the effect.
On the food front, there are starters such as 'Houmous'; 'Mirza Ghasemi' (fried aubergine & onions with yoghurt) or the best bet as far as we're concerned 'Mixed Mezze' set the style.
To be followed by a wide selection of Kebabs most based around marinated or spring chicken & various cuts of lamb - often coming with perfectly-cooked saffron rice.
Friendly, helpful service.
Branch Fraanoos 11 in Chiswick.
- Food Style: Iranian- Persian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-23.00; mains between about £6 & £9
- Dinner: all week 12.00-23.00; mains between about £6 & £9
- Wine: a concise list has modest mark-ups or you can BYO
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Mortlake Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page