Find this traditional Polish restaurant rather hidden away to the rear of the community centre (walk through the main hall, through the bar to find the restaurant). Expect paper napery and metal chairs - rather like a throw back to a different era.
On the food front, if you're after Polish home cooking - this is the real thing.
Dishes such as Beetroot Soup, various Stews with Dumplings, Salads set the style.
Friendly, helpful service.
- Food Style: Polish
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-15.00, Sat 12.00-21.00, Sun 11.30-20.00; mains about £9 to £10; Sunday Brunch £12.50 (children under 12 – half price)
- Dinner: Sat 12.00-21.00, Sun 11.30-20.00; mains about £9 to £10
- Wine: a concise list has very modest mark-ups + Polish vodka.
- Children's portions: Children's Menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Balham Rail & Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page