A good Turkish restaurant, with the bonus of an al fresco rear terrace, away from the bustle of the city.
They offer a wide-ranging menu of items that will be familiar to anyone who has taken a holiday to these parts.
Starters such as 'Houmous'; 'Tzatziki'; Fried Squid' and 'Taramasalata' rub shoulders with the perhaps less familiar 'Sucuk Izgara' (spicy garlic salami with fresh tomato, parsley & lemon); 'Kanat' (marinated char-grilled chicken wings) and 'Karides' (king prawn with garlic, spring onion, tomato & white wine).
Main courses range from 'Moussaka' and 'Kleftiko' through a multitude of traditional Grills and Kebabs to Pasta dishes, Salads and Seafood dishes - such as 'Grilled Sea Bass with Creamy Baby Potatoes & Rocket Salad'.
One of their Mezze selections is another option.
Those with a sweet tooth probably won't be able to resist a 'Baklava'; 'Armut Tatlisi' (pear dessert with cream, honey syrup & walnuts) or 'Kaymakli Kayisi' (sundried apricots filled with home-made ice cream, almond & pistachio).
Service is relaxed, friendly & helpful.
- Food Style: Turkish
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 11.00-23.00, Sat & Sun 10.00-23.00; mains about £8 to £13; Mezze £10 to £18 (2 people minimum)
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 11.00-23.00, Sat & Sun 10.00-23.00; mains about £8 to £13; Mezze £10 to £18 (2 people minimum)
- Seats: 40
- Wine: a concise, but well-chosen list has modest mark-ups and some interesting bottles
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: London Fields or Cambridge Heath Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Outside eating