Find this good restaurant in the Gonville Hotel..
It's run by award-winning chef Hans Schweitzer, who - as well as travelling the world - (who has twice won the Chef's Olympics).
All is made from carefully-sourced natural ingredients.
An early autumn menu brought 'Cromer Crab & Crayfish Tian with Saffron Aioli'; 'Field & Forest Mushroom Soup with Garlic Toasts' and 'Pink-Roasted Angus Beef Fillet Carpaccio with Parmesan Crisp & Herb Salad' amongst the starters.
'Roast Supreme of Guinea Fowl with Cabbage, Rosemary, Thyme & Pancetta'; 'Pan-Fried Fillet of Turbot & Hand-Dived Scallops with Fish Jus & Herbs'; 'Salt Marsh Lamb Fillet with a Herb Crust' and 'Dry-Aged, Grass-Fed, Sirloin Steak with Peppercorn Sauce' listed in the main courses.
Their desserts - such as 'Single Estate Chocolate Ganache Cake'; 'Tarte au Citron' and 'White Peach & Vanilla Compote' maintain the high standard.
Indeed Hans is also a top-class chocolatier - and chocolate cakes, including wedding cakes, can be ordered.
Service is also excellent - but booking is a must.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Dinner: Tues-Sat from 18.30
- Seats: 45, plus about 10 outside
- Wine: a well-chosen list kicks off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: children of over 10 years of age only
- Nearest station: Cambridge Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: all Sun & Mon, L all week, Christmas & 1 week at Easter
- Outside eating