The second branch of this deservedly-popular upmarket café - the original being in Islington (with another in Crouch End on the way). They also sell some of their branded products here - including jams & olive oil.
Their breakfast/brunch menu, offered until 16.00, is a big draw, with dishes ranging from Home-Made Granola; Scotch Pancakes and Fruit Salad with Yoghurt on offer for lighter appetites; Eggs Benedict; Cumberland/Chicken/Vegetarian Sausage Breakfast and Hashbrown Breakfast's listed for those needing a bit more. Various Filled Panini's are also a popular all day option.
Lunchtime brings an expansion into Home-Made Burgers, Salads, and dishes such as Grilled Chicken Breast. Confit of Duck with Herbed Sautéed Potatoes and Lamb Shank in Gravy.
The evening brings a bistro-style menu with perhaps 'Breadcrumbed & Deep-Fried Greek Feta Cheese with Warm Cranberry Sauce'; 'Mussels in a Light Tomato Sauce' and 'Chorizo & Halloumi Grill with Rocket & Cherry Tomatoes' amongst the starters.
'Pan-Fried Sea Bass with Sautéed Potatoes & Tahini Sauce'; 'Sweet Potato Gallette on a Bed of Beetroot Mash' and 'Grilled Fillet of Lamb with Rice & Salad plus Burgers, Risotto's and Salad's on the entensive list of mains.
Their fresh juices are a major draw.
Service is both friendly & helpful.
* Beware -(Payment cards are only accepted on weekdays).
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 9.30-22.30, Sun 9.30-18.30; mains about £8 to £13
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 9.30-22.30, Sun 9.30-18.30; mains about £8 to £13
- Wine: a concise list is offered.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Angel Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page